Brawl Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Marth - Be Awesome With Him

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mephisto
Master Hand
Master Hand
Mephisto

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Marth - Be Awesome With Him Empty
PostSubject: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 3:11 pm

Marth is easily the most overpowered character in Brawl, and losing with him means you must REALLY suck at Brawl. Therefore: this is a guide on how NOT to suck with Marth.

FIRST OF ALL: ALL of Marths attacks do more damage (by about 2-4%, depending whether you're an A stick or C stick person) when they hit the opponent with the very tip of the sword. For those of you who play as Lucario and so forth, this should be easy to get to grips with to inflict the most damage, but here are a few simple ways to increase damage without having to be really skilled at the character:

• If you are using your B smash to keep somebody from recovering from a smash, stand well back from the edge of the platform before charging up your sword, since he will almost definitely try to Ukemi onto the floor if he is any good.
  • When charging into battle, time your running A attack early to hit the
    opponent much further. If the opponent is on low percentage and
    therefore got hit less distance, then move cancel to get another hit in
    by: shielding/dodge in the direction, then Up + B into the flying
    enemy. This will prevent you from being hit by any further opponents
    and you will have time to move out of the way of any slower characters
    left whilst falling, again, on the tip of the sword. Do it in the right direction, though.
  • When using your Side smashes, use the upwards variation until the last attack. The two variations will knock the opponent further back than the neutral smash, meaning that you can use the multi hitting down variation as your last attack, allowing you to hit the end combo on the tip of your sword.
  • Generally hit with the tip of the sword.

List of tactics organised by move

A

Jumping A
- This move is wierd, it does 6% when you hit them in front of you (can go to 8% if on the tip of your sword) but it seems to do about 10% if you attack them as if they're behind the sword (so sort of inside you). o.O
This attack is very good at knocking people far, it seems to hit people about as far as a normal smash, so don't hesitate to use this as a breakup move if jumping into a Brawl (although, Shield Breaker would be a better attack to use if you're high enough). This can be a good move replacement for a Meteor Smash if somebody is on a high percentage; jump off of the opponents head, wait for them to jump up and try and attack you, then turn around and attack and send them flying.

Jumping Down + A

ima continue later
Back to top Go down
killerkomb
Low Tier
Low Tier

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 5:29 pm

Yeah I suck overall at brawl online and I came in second with marth... whent into a 300% overtime thing and lost for being a rushing ass I am and lost T.T I think marth is the best char for new players.
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
Master Hand
Master Hand
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 am

In Sudden Death all you really need with marth is his side+B, then use his up+B variation of it. The entire of his arm is just three green hitboxes, you're practically invunerable. Or you could come from below with his lightning fast up+B
Back to top Go down
iamsorrydude
Low Tier
Low Tier

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 am

The great thing about Marth's up-B is that it's invincible until a few frames into the attack.I think it's something like frames 1-7 is when you're invincible and frame 5 is when the attack comes out?
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
Master Hand
Master Hand
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 5:25 am

Yeah, it means you barely ever die because any meteor smashes/so forth can't hit you for two tenths of a second . That isn't funny.
Back to top Go down
Crxss
Master Hand
Master Hand
Crxss

Number of posts : 88
Clan : None
Main : Diddy Kong
Code : 4897-5937-4960
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2008 9:32 am

can his down+B move deflect a final smash?
Back to top Go down
http://brawlnation.omgforum.net
Mephisto
Master Hand
Master Hand
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:52 am

I'm pretty sure it's dependant, I recall I've done it to Super Sonic, but obviously things like Peaches smash and Aura Cannon (or Beam . That isn't funny., icr) couldn't. I suppose seeing as it can only be countered by grabs, you would only not be able to counter on a grabbing smash, I don't think there are any. You can't counter MetaKnight's if you get cloaked, either.
Back to top Go down
Crxss
Master Hand
Master Hand
Crxss

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 8:43 am

So i guess if their FS is a 1 hit deal, Marth might be able to block it.
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
Master Hand
Master Hand
Mephisto

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah. I went off to test it, I could counter Marth/Sonic/Snake, then I got bored of waiting around for level ones to get the smash ball
Back to top Go down
Crxss
Master Hand
Master Hand
Crxss

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 26, 2008 7:50 pm

did it just deflect it like it would an arrow, or deal damage back?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marth - Be Awesome With Him   Marth - Be Awesome With Him I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marth - Be Awesome With Him
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brawl Nation :: Brawl :: Strategy-
Jump to: