Brawl Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
iamsorrydude
Low Tier
Low Tier

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-04-06

[Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) Empty
PostSubject: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Playing Smash one-handedly with the Gamecube controller. Alright. I'm no master at it (hell, I just came up with the idea an hour ago), but it's pretty fun.

Set your controls so Y=shield, because it's pretty hard to reach the L, R, and Z buttons.

Playing with left hand:
Pinky finger: Control stick
Ring and middle finger does nothing (hangs around in the middle of the controller, or in the hole in the middle of the controller). Although, if you wish, ring finger can help out on the control stick, or the middle finger can help out on A/B/X/Y. I say "or" because doing both of those at the same time is incredibly awkward for me.
Index finger: A/B/X/Y
Thumb: C-stick

Playing with right hand:
Thumb: Control stick
Index and middle finger: Nothing
Ring finger: can help on A/B/X/Y
Pinky finger: A/B/X/Y
(accessing the C-stick is not very convenient)

You might think that having two or three fingers hanging around uselessly is... well, useless. But it's not as useless as you think. It provides stability (well, if you put them on the controller or in the hole in the middle of the controller). It stops the Gamecube controller from moving around and maybe falling off your lap, if you place the Gamecube controller on your lap.
For extra stability, place the Gamecube controller on the ground and put your right foot on the handle thingamajig on the right side of the controller.

What is the point of playing one handedly?

You can use your other hand to do other things, like drink some Pepsi or something. Also, if you break your arm or something like that, you can still play SSBB.
Also also, if your friends suck at SSBB, you can play one handedly to make the battle more fair, while still keeping the excitement. Otherwise, experienced player vs. inexperienced player. Seems pretty one-sided.
Also also also, it's a challenge. Everyone loves challenges.
If you're insane, you could possibly play a 1v1 versus yourself or have a 2v2 (with both "you"s being on the same team, of course) with two controllers. But I'd think doing that would be impossible because you'd have to keep track of two characters at once.
Back to top Go down
Crxss
Master Hand
Master Hand
Crxss

Number of posts : 88
Clan : None
Main : Diddy Kong
Code : 4897-5937-4960
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 3:19 am

Nice guide, this could come in handy. (fucking sweet pun)
Back to top Go down
http://brawlnation.omgforum.net
killerkomb
Low Tier
Low Tier

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Didnt read all of it but looks informative
Back to top Go down
MMMM
Low Tier
Low Tier
MMMM

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:13 pm

How about we try and play with our feet nao?
Back to top Go down
Crxss
Master Hand
Master Hand
Crxss

Number of posts : 88
Clan : None
Main : Diddy Kong
Code : 4897-5937-4960
Registration date : 2008-04-04

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 4:14 pm

Your feet don't have thumbs.

IMPOSSIBLE.
Back to top Go down
http://brawlnation.omgforum.net
iamsorrydude
Low Tier
Low Tier

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 12:59 am

It's possible. Again, it's hard to reach the RLZ set of buttons, but make Y or X shield and you're good to go.
Back to top Go down
Mephisto
Master Hand
Master Hand
Mephisto

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 9:31 am

I have opposable big toes, I do it all the time. It's fun growing up in Pripyat.

but yeah, I prefer using the Wiimote (even though it makes up+a nearly impossible unless its an aerial), so No U
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)   [Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Tutorial] Play SSBB One-Handed (w/ GC Controller)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brawl Nation :: Brawl :: General-
Jump to: